8 hours ago
Today’s best MLB DFS pitching picks to help you win your contests on FanDuel & DraftKings.
We have eight games on the Main Slate of DraftKings today and nine games on the FanDuel Main Slate as they also include the Coors Field game that starts at 3:10 PM EST on their slate. We can safely avoid pitchers in the Coors game and for this article, we are going to be focusing on the pitchers in the other eight games that are on both sites, Main Slate.
MLB Weather Outlook
The weather looks all clear for today’s Fathers Day action.
Vegas Odds & Insights
Highest Win Probabilities
- Alex Cobb (61.5%)
- Chris Bassitt (57.4%)
- Nick Pivetta (55.6%)
Lowest Team Totals
- Miami Marlins (3.22 runs)
- Pitsburg Pirates (3.71)
- New York Mets (3.78
Top Overall Play – Main Slate
- Chris Bassitt– Bassitt is a pitcher that might get overlooked on this slate but shouldn’t as he has been solid this season, especially over his past four games. In those four starts, Bassitt has three quality starts with at least seven strikeouts in each of those three starts. Bassitt has at least 19 fantasy points in each of those three quality starts and is coming off his best start of the season in which he pitched eight scoreless innings on his way to 33.6 fantasy points. While Bassitt is pitching well right now the team he is facing the Marlins is struggling at the plate. Over the past week, the Marlins have had the fifth-lowest team OPS and team wOBA while having the second-highest team K rate at 27.0%.
Value Plays – Main Slate
- Alex Cobb– I don’t normally like rostering pitchers making their first start off the IL but will make an exception with Cobb today for a couple of reasons. The first of those reasons is the fact he has pitched really well prior to his injury with a FIP of 2.63 and a K rate of 28.7%. The second reason is due to his elite match-up against the Pirates. The Pirates rank in the bottom five in team ISO, team wOBA, team OPS, and team wRC+ against right-handed pitching this season while having the second-highest team K rate at 25.7%.
- Dane Dunning– Dunning is not a great pitcher by any stretch of the word but he is a solid pitcher that can turn in some solid performances. We have seen plenty of those solid performances from Dunning this season especially in the month of June as he has at least 17 fantasy points in two of his three starts. Today we can expect Dunning to have another solid start as he takes on the Tigers. The Tigers despite what we saw from them yesterday are the worst hitting team in the majors. This season they rank dead last in runs scored per game, team wOBA, team ISO, team OPS, and team wRC+ against right-handed pitching while also having a high team K rate of 24.8%.
Other Pitchers to Consider – Main Slate
- Sandy Alcantara– The Mets are not a team that I normally target right-handed pitchers against as they have the third-highest team OPS against them this season but will make an exception for Alcantara as he has been excellent all season long. In his 13 starts this season. Alcantara has allowed more than two runs in only one start and checks in with an ERA of 1.68. Alcantara has ten quality starts including seven straight starts and a WHIP of 0.96 this season.
- Corey Kluber – Kluber has had a solid year on the mound for the Rays with an ERA of 3.50, a WHIP of 1.12 and six quality starts in his 12 starts. From a fantasy perspective Kluber has at least 15 fantasy points in eight of his starts including in four straight starts. With a match-up against an Orioles team that ranks in the bottom ten in the league in team OPS, team wOBA, and team wRC+ while having a team K rate of 23.0% against right-handed pitching this season I don’t see why Kluber doesn’t have another solid start in this one.
Did you know FantasyCruncher is on TikTok, Twitter, and Instagram? Follow along and never miss out on any of our free content!
MLB DFS: Breaking down the top daily fantasy baseball hitters and team stacks on FanDuel …